Resources for Students
L4 Diploma in Business and Management Studies
Unit 1: Provide Leadership and Direction for own area of Responsibility
· John Adair (2002), 100 Greatest Ideas for Effective Leadership and Management, Capstone
· John P. Kotter (1999), A force for change, the difference between leadership and management, The Free Press; 1st Edition edition
· Jo Owen (2009), How to lead: what you actually need to do manage, lead and succeed, Prentice Hall 2nd edition.
Unit 2 Business Management and Administration
· G Whitehead & G Whitehall,(2005) Business Management & Administration, Institute of Commercial Management
· R C Appleby, (1994),Modern Business Administration, Pitman.
· M Buckley,(1994), The Structure of Business, Pitman
Unit 3 Support the purpose and values of an organisation
· Richard Barrett (2006), Building a Values-Driven Organization: A Whole System Approach to Cultural Transformation, Butterworth-Heinemann; 1 edition
· Richard Barett (2011), The New Leadership Paradigim, Lulu com.
· Robert Kegan (1998), In over our heads, the mental demands of modern living, Harvard University Press
Unit 4 Aspect of Contract and Negligence for Business
· P S Atiyah (1995), Introduction to the Law of Contract, Clarendon Press.
· Beale, Bishop and Furmston (2001), Contract — Cases and Materials, Butterworth.
· Cheshire, Fifoot and Furmston(2001), Law of Contract, Butterworth, October.
· J Cooke (1997), Law of Tort, Prentice Hall.
· Elliott and Quinn (2002), Contract Law, Longman.
· Elliot and Quinn (1997), Tort Law, Longman.
· Harvey and Marston (2004), Cases and Commentary on TORT, Prentice Hall, 5th edition.
· J Hodgson and J Lewthwaite (2001), Law of Torts, Blackstone.
· M Jones (2002), Textbook on Torts, Oxford University.
· A Pannett (1997), Law of Torts, Prentice Hall.
· G Treitel (2003), Law of Contract, (Sweet & Maxwell.
· M Young (1997), Cases and Commentary in Contract Law, Prentice Hall.
Unit 7: Marketing Principles
· Adcock D et al, (2001), Marketing Principles and Practice 4th Edition, Pitman Publishing.
· Brassington F and Pettitt S (2003), Principles of Marketing 3rd Edition, FT/Prentice Hall.
· Jobber D (2001), Principlesand Practice of Marketing 3rd Edition, McGraw Hill.
· Kotler P et al (2001), Principlesof Marketing 3rd European Edition, FT/Prentice Hall.
· Kotler P and Keller k (2011) Marketing Management 13th edition, Prentice Hall.
Unit 13 Financial Accounting and Reporting
· D Cox and D Street (2001), Financial Statements Tutorial, Osborne Books.
· J R Dyson (2010), Accounting for Non-Accounting Students 8th edition, FT Prentice Hall.
· M Jones,(2006), Accounting, John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
· Atrill P and Mclancy E, (2010), Accounting and Finance for non-specialist with my Accounting Lab, Prentice Hall
Unit 14 Human Resource Management
· M Armstrong (2001), A Handbook of Human Resource Practice, Kogan Page.
· BPP (1997), Business Basics: Human Resource Management 2nd Edition, BPP Publishing, London,
· M Corbridge and S Pilbeam (1998), Employment Resourcing, FT Prentice Hall, 1998.
· R Dransfield , S Howkins , F Hudson and W Davies W (1996), Human Resource Management for Higher Awards ,Heinemann.
· M Foot and C Hook, (2002), Introducing Human Resource Management 3rd Edition, FT Prentice
· Hall, Harlow.
· D Torrington, L Hall and S Taylor (2002), Human Resource Management 5th Edition, FT Prentice Hall, Harlow.
L5 Diploma in Business and Management Studies
Unit 1 Business Strategy
· M Coulter M (2001), Strategic Management, Prentice Hall, 2001 2nd Edition G Johnson and K Scholes (2002), Exploring Corporate Strategy, Prentice Hall. R Lynch (199), Corporate Strategy, Prentice Hall, 1999
· J L Thompson (2001), Understanding Corporate Strategy, Thomson Learning,
Unit 2 Principles of Management and Leadership
· John Adair (2002), 100 Greatest Ideas for Effective Leadership and Management, Capstone.
· Elearn (2008), Leading Teams, revised edition, Pergamon Flexible Learning.
Unit 3 Organisational Behaviour
· David Buchanan and Andrej Huczynski (2000), Organisational Behaviour: An Introductory
· Text, Pentice Hall.
· Laurie J Mullins (1999), Management and Organisational Behaviour,
· Prentice HallS Robbins (2003), Essentials of Organisational Behaviour, Prentice Hall International, 4th edition
Unit 4 Operations Management in Business
· S Brown et al (2000), Strategic Operations Management, Butterworth Heinemann.
· L Galloway L et al (2000), Operations Management in Context, Butterworth-Heinemann.
· J Heizer and B Render (2003), Operations Management, Prentice Hall. N Slack et al (2000), Operations Management, Pitman.
· D L Waller D L (1999), Operations Management — A Supply Chain Approach, Thompson.
Unit 5 Customer Relationship Management
· K Anderson and C Kerr (2001) Customer Relationship Management, McGraw-Hill
· F Buttle (2008), Customer Relationship Management: Concepts and Technologies, 2nd
· Edition, Butterworth-Heinemann.
· Harvard Business Review on Customer Relationship Management (2001), Harvard Business School Press.
Unit 8 Company Law
· S Barber (2001), Company Law: Textbook, Old Bailey Press. I Brown et al (2000), Commercial Law, Butterworth.
· S Judge (1998), Business Law.
· L Mead (1995), Practical Company Law: An Introductory Text, Elm Publications.
· G Morse et al (1999), Charlesworth & Morse Company Law, Sweet & Maxwell, 1999. M Ottley (2002), Briefcase on Company Law, Cavendish.
· F Rose (2001), Nutshells Company Law, Sweet & Maxwell.
· Smith and Keenan (2000), Advanced Business Law, Prentice Hall.
Unit 9 Human Resource Development
M Armstrong (2001), A Handbook of Human Resource Practice, Kogan Page.
BPP — Business Basics: Human Resource Management 2nd Edition (BPP Publishing, London,
M Corbridge and S Pilbeam S (1998) Employment Resourcing, FT Prentice Hall.
R Dransfield, S Howkins, F Hudson and Davies W (1996), Human Resource Management for
Higher Awards, Heinemann, 1996.
M Foot, C and Hook (2002), Introducing Human Resource Management 3rd Edition, FT Prentice Hall, Harlow.
D Torrington L Hall and S Taylor (2002), Human Resource Management 5th Edition (FT Prentice Hall, Harlow.
Unit 13 Personal Development
· J Adair and M Allen (2003), Time Management and Personal Development, Thorogood, C Evans (2008), Time Management for Dummies,John Wiley and Sons.
· D Megginson and V Whitaker (2007), Continuing Professional Development, 2nd Edition,
· Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development,
· M Pedler, J Burgoyne and T Boydell (2006) A Manager’s Guide to Self-Development,
· 5th Edition, McGraw-Hill Professional
Unit 14 Marketing Principles for Managers
· G Armstrong et al (2009), Marketing: An Introduction, Financial Times/Prentice Hall, P Baines, C Fill and K Page (2008), Marketing, Oxford University Press.
· J Blythe (2008), Essentials of Marketing, 4th Edition, Financial Times/Prentice Hall.
· D Grewel and M Levy (2007), Value-Based Marketing, McGraw-Hill Higher Education,
· D Jobber (2009), Principles and Practice of Marketing, 6th Edition, McGraw-Hill Higher
· R Kerin et al (2006), Marketing, McGraw-Hill.
· P Kotler et al (2010), Principles of Marketing, 5th Edition Financial Times/Prentice Hall. M Levens (2009), Marketing (Pearson Education.
· W F Pride and O C Ferrell (2007), Marketing, Houghton Mifflin.
· M R Solomon et al (2009), Marketing: Real People, Real Decisions, Financial
· Times/Prentice Hall, 2009.
· N T Wood (2010), Marketing in Virtual Worlds, Prentice Hall